Frequently Asked Questions



What kinds of disabilities do we serve at UCPWA?
United Cerebral Palsy of West AL serves members with intellectual, physical, and developmental disabilities.

How can I become a participating member at the UCPWA Center?
In order to receive day and hourly support services from UCPWA you must be eligible for services through the Alabama Department of Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities. To seek eligibility you must contact the Alabama Department of Mental Health Call Center at 1-800-361-4491.The call center will gather specific information and forward the request to the local case management agency. The local case management agency for this area is Ability Alliance of West AL.

If you are interested in evening program, summer camp, respite services, or child care instruction you may call the office at 205-345-3031.

What kinds of programs are offered to UCPWA members?

UCPWA operates a day habilitation program, hourly support services, evening programs for children and adults, summer camp, respite and childcare instruction.


What kinds of activities do members do while at the UCPWA Center?

During our Adult Day Habilitation program, our members learn basic living and hygiene skills, participate in music and touch therapy, exercise doing a variety of activities, use classroom computers and discuss current events.


During our LEAP and PACE programs, our members create beautiful arts and crafts, discuss current events, go on field trips in the community, use the park, play games and listen to music.