UCPWA Statement of COVID-19
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. We know you may have questions about what UCP of West Alabama is doing to keep our community healthy, how you can help should our community be directly impacted by this virus, and what the implications will be for our programs, meetings and events.
Currently, UCPWA is suspending our Day Habilitation program from March 17 until March 30, 2020 at which time we will reassess the situation and determine what further actions may need to be taken. We will continue to offer Hourly Services (HSP) for those individuals wishing to receive services, but it will be limited to providing personal care in the home. We encourage our participants and staff to follow recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Alabama Department of Public Health .
UCPWA is taking the following actions: We are screening anyone entering the building, have heightened our housekeeping efforts (regularly sanitizing surfaces), encouraging everyone to wash hands frequently and maintain social distances.
In addition we have implemented the following guidance for our setting:
- Encourage our staff and community members to protect their personal health.
- Post the signs and symptoms of COVID-19pdf icon:
fever, cough, shortness of breath.
- Encourage people to stay home when sick.
- Clean surfaces that are frequently touched – things such as shared desks, countertops, kitchen areas, electronics, and doorknobs.
- Limit events and meetings that require close contact.
- Stay up to date on developments in our community.
- Create an emergency plan for possible outbreak.
- Assess if community members are at higher risk and plan accordingly.
UCP of West Alabama will continue to monitor the situation closely and maintain regular contact with local government officials, agencies, partners, and health organizations.
Thank you for your support.
We want to keep you updated with our latest happenings!
We are excited to become more interactive with our supporters. You can now find us on Facebook and Twitter.